Awareness and Events
The Purple Bucket Foundation Inc, hold events to raise awareness about CRPS; to raise awareness about CRPS research; and to raise money for CRPS research and CRPS awareness projects, education and support.
Have an awareness or fundraising event you'd like us to help you promote? Contact our team.
The first Monday in November has been dedicated to create awareness about CRPS with "Color the World Orange" since 2014. The Color the World Orange is an independent initiative, which encourages people from around the world to create, and share their Orange Day awareness projects.
The Purple Bucket Foundation is proud to announce a CRPS Research Donation Agreement has been established with UniSA. As of the close of our Annual General Meeting, 16/10/18, our membership fee will return to the original $20 per year.
A minimum 25% of every membership payment will be donated to UniSA's CRPS research, the remaining 75% will be used for our continued awareness, support and education projects. The Purple Bucket Foundation Inc. will announce other Research Fundraising events during the year.
(All committee & Executive members of The Purple Bucket Foundation Inc. are unpaid volunteers).
Meeting the needs of people living with complex regional pain syndrome: Defining the problem
CQ University is conducting a research project in conjunction with CRPS Awareness - the Purple Bucket Foundation and the
Australian Pain Management Association. We are seeking people to be interviewed for about 30 minutes about the information
needs of people who have been diagnosed with CRPS. Please follow the link for further information about this project.
Download the information sheet here
Future Shakers - Pain Futures Summit
February 22nd 2024.
On Thursday February 22nd 2024, I’ll be presenting at Pain Futures Summit. an inaugural national forum focussed on elevating the voices of people with a lived experience of pain, showcasing major pain care research programs and initiatives, and exploring much needed reforms to pain management policy and practice.
Finding ongoing, accessible, affordable and appropriate pain support is a challenging undertaking. According to Painaustralia, 1 in 5 people live in pain every day, impacting around 3.6 million Australians and taking a $80 billion annual toll on our economy.
Pain Futures Summit, to be held at 107 Projects South Eveleigh, Sydney and online will help amplify and support positive change efforts in the pain care and pain related policy landscape. Interest and support for Pain Futures Summit has been strong so far, with over 70 attendees confirmed to take part to date, and we’ve postponed the event to Thursday February 22nd 2024 to allow more time to engage more multidisciplinary pain specialists, advocates, policy makers and people with a lived experience of pain to take part in this important event.
Find out more at www.painfutures.com and if you'd like to join, enter the discount code PURPLEBUCKET at the registration checkout for an additional 25% discount on attendance.
#painchanger #chronicpain #painfutures
2023 Annual General Meeting is complete
View the official minutes here
2019 Australian Pain Society Conference 39th Annual Scientific Meeting - 7 - 10th April
Colour The World Orange - Monday Nov 4th 2019
Attending the Rotary Living Expo in Hervey Bay, July 13th & 14th, gave us a great opportunity to raise awareness about complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). We had a great weekend meeting lots of people and making awesome connections.
Check out some more amazing snaps from the Rotary Living Expo
Thanks to the amazing support of Hervey Bay businesses, the incredible talents of Nadia Vanek from Three Owls Body Art and Kelli McAlpine from Healing Canvas Body Painting, we were able to demonstrate, for the first time ever, what CRPS and Persistent Pain may look like, and we received heaps of help colouring the world orange for CRPS Awareness, November 2018. In doing so many more people have learned about Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
Click here to see some more amazing body art photos from this event
Click here to see some more amazing people who helped us colour the world orange at this event
The Purple Bucket Foundation Inc, held a charity weekend trail ride, December 2017, continuing our awareness raising awareness about CRPS in remote and rural areas.
The Purple Bucket Foundation Inc, attended the 2016 Man From Snowy River Bush Festival - raising awareness in remote and rural communities. We also attended the Festival in 2019 as Gate Wardens, which enabled us to continue to raise awareness. We will be back again in 2020.